Friday, March 5, 2010

Conspicuous and Inconspicuous


It wasn't hard to see the results of yesterday's storm this morning. Even the picnic table is buried. I didn't do anything with the color in this because it captures the cold gray feel of the morning and the sun getting ready to come out. I think it is it's own kind of beautiful.

Can you see the bird nest in the tree on the left? A friend told me it had to be a hummingbird nest because it is so small and covered over. I have tried to get a good picture of it before but just don't have the zoom power or a 30 ft. tall ladder. It shows up better in this picture because of all the snow stacked on top of it.

Here is a cropped version, more snow than nest.



6 comments:

  1. Another storm, haven't you people had enough? I would complain to the weather bureau. irds/ Nest are a trial in tall trees for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Winter storms always provide for those magical images (but how many images can you take?) LOL Truly a winter wonderland. I have never seen a hummingbird's nest...you will have to keep an eye on it to share your springtime babies! :) You just need to buy a longer lens LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like the cold, gray feel to the picture. It looks peaceful (and cold). I am about ready for the snow to stop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this picture a lot, and I don't think you need to do anything to the color - but I might bring up the exposure a bit to get the snow more white. The camera tends to underexpose snow and turn it grey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your photo. It certainly conveys the quiet of winter (my favorite part of a snowstorm). A hummingbird's nest should provide for great photo ops come warmer weather!

    ReplyDelete