Sunday, April 18, 2010

Poser


Believe it or not pelicans live in Utah. We actually have pelicans and lots of seagulls in our mountain lakes. I don't know for sure but I am guessing they migrate or maybe winter at the Great Salt Lake. Anyway on our recent trip to California I took a shot of this pelican posing for me on the pier. I have never seen one that is so colorful. The "Utah" pelicans are all white with orange beaks. That is one of the great joys of traveling, seeing the different plants and animals.

10 comments:

  1. He really took a shine to you, so calm cool and collected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Karen, this is wonderful...I love that orange yellow hair..looks like a punk rocker LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, beautiful Karen! I really like the composition here. And the pelican is handsome. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great image Karen, love the expression on the Pelican.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He really does like having his photo taken. So nice of him to pose for you. So different to what we have here too. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great close-up. He looks like he is enjoying having his picture made.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pelicans amaze me. It's like seeing a real time prehistoric creature. You have a great capture here too and really caught the texture and tone in those feathers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the California pelicans, they certainly are characters! And kudos for this photo, the sharpness is perfect. Not always easy for a bird photo, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a wonderful shot - clarity, color, and composition are all so well done.

    ~julie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice shot! This pelican has some attitude! How much did you have to pay him to pose for you?

    ReplyDelete